john 1:5 the message

If we love the One who conceives the child, we’ll surely love the child who was conceived. (1 John 1:5 RSV) That is the message of the life of Jesus. Everyone who confesses that Jesus is God’s Son participates continuously in an intimate relationship with God. This is the kind of love we are talking about—not that we once upon a time loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as a sacrifice to clear away our sins and the damage they’ve done to our relationship with God. Trust God and not man! Jesus Christ is validated by the historic message about Him. 7-8 My dear friends, I’m not writing anything new here. 10 1-5 “Let me set this before you as plainly as I can. The Word of Life appeared right before our eyes; we saw it happen! Please enter your email address associated with your Salem All-Pass account, then click Continue. 2-3 Here’s how you test for the genuine Spirit of God. 1 John 1:5. This is how God showed his love for us: God sent his only Son into the world so we might live through him. It’s always been implicit in the Message you’ve heard. NIV and The Message Side-by-Side Bible, Two Bible Versions Together for Study and Comparison, Large Print, NIV and The Message Side-by-Side Bible, Two Bible Versions Together for Study and Comparison, Bonded Leather, Black, Large Print, The Message, Ministry Edition: The Bible in Contemporary Language, The Message, Large Print Edition: Deluxe Charcoal Linen Hardcover, The Message Canvas Bible: Coloring and Journaling the Story of God, Spring Palette. John 1:5: The Life-Light blazed out of the darkness; the darkness couldn't put it out. 19 They left us, but they were never really with us. He’ll forgive our sins and purge us of all wrongdoing. 1 John 1-5 The Message (MSG) 1 1-2 From the very first day, we were there, taking it all in—we heard it with our own ears, saw it with our own eyes, verified it with our own hands. 1 John 5. Read more Share Copy Show footnotes A service of Faithlife / Logos Bible Software . Here’s how you tell the difference between God’s children and the Devil’s children: The one who won’t practice righteous ways isn’t from God, nor is the one who won’t love brother or sister. 22-23 So who is lying here? The reality test on whether or not we love God’s children is this: Do we love God? If what you heard from the beginning lives deeply in you, you will live deeply in both Son and Father. That is the direction you should pray for me. 4 What came into existence was Life, and the Life was Light to live by. MSG: The Message 3 What marvelous love the Father has extended to us! 3-5 Everything was created through him;    nothing—not one thing!—    came into being without him.What came into existence was Life,    and the Life was Light to live by.The Life-Light blazed out of the darkness;    the darkness couldn’t put it out. Next. Not everyone who talks about God comes from God. Anyone who claims to be intimate with God ought to live the same kind of life Jesus lived. And that’s only the beginning. All of us who look forward to his Coming stay ready, with the glistening purity of Jesus’ life as a model for our own. John 1: 1-5, 9-12 The Message The Word was first, the Word present to God, God present to the Word. There are a lot of lying preachers loose in the world. John 1:1-5; John 1:10-14 Read chapter in The Message Bible. nothing—not one thing!—. God’s word is so steady in you. Who knows how we’ll end up! 9-11 Anyone who claims to live in God’s light and hates a brother or sister is still in the dark. 5 This, in essence, is the message we heard from Christ and are passing on to you: God is light, pure light; there’s not a trace of darkness in him. Bible > Pictures > 1 John 1:5 1 John 1:5 Choose a Background. 13-15 My purpose in writing is simply this: that you who believe in God’s Son will know beyond the shadow of a doubt that you have eternal life, the reality and not the illusion. 20-21 But you belong. ? 9-10 If we take human testimony at face value, how much more should we be reassured when God gives testimony as he does here, testifying concerning his Son. Sign up for the Verse of the Day. The Life-Light blazed out of the darkness; If he won’t love the person he can see, how can he love the God he can’t see? came into being without him. So, whoever has the Son, has life; whoever rejects the Son, rejects life. 11-12 This is the testimony in essence: God gave us eternal life; the life is in his Son. On the other hand, perhaps it is new, freshly minted as it is in both Christ and you—the darkness fading away and the True Light already blazing! That’s who we really are. Let it sink into your life. This is another test for telling the Spirit of Truth from the spirit of deception. 11-12 My dear, dear friends, if God loved us like this, we certainly ought to love each other. No one has seen God, ever. People's Bible Notes for 1 John 1:5. This Jesus is both True God and Real Life. Our motive for writing is simply this: We want you to enjoy this, too. "God is light and in him is no darkness at all." It is put positively and negatively and it is easy to see how that message was incorporated and fulfilled in the life of Jesus. You’ve got to love both. This then is the message Of God by his Son the Word, or from Christ by his apostles. The source whence all light, whether it be physical, or moral, or spiritual, comes; the Enlightener of the universe. John 1:5 in all English translations. 1 John 1:5 Walking in the Light. John 3:19,20 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil… John 12:36-40 While ye have light, believe in the light, that ye may be the children of light. 5 1-3 Every person who believes that Jesus is, in fact, the Messiah, is God-born. 11 For this is the original message we heard: We should love each other. Just look at it—we’re called children of God! Dear children, be on guard against all clever facsimiles. After the first, the last four are in a progression from the least (heard) to the most definite (touched). Christ’s anointing teaches you the truth on everything you need to know about yourself and him, uncontaminated by a single lie. Carefully weigh and examine what people tell you. But if anyone does sin, we have a Priest-Friend in the presence of the Father: Jesus Christ, righteous Jesus. But we come from God and belong to God. 3-4 We saw it, we heard it, and now we’re telling you so you can experience it along with us, this experience of communion with the Father and his Son, Jesus Christ. The conquering power that brings the world to its knees is our faith. But they’re no match for what is embedded deeply within you—Christ’s anointing, no less! John 10:1-5 The Message (MSG) He Calls His Sheep by Name. John begins (1:1) by listing five ways that the revelation of Jesus Christ is historically validated. The Holy One anointed you, and you all know it. As one finds a clue and responds to it, God reveals more about Himself, eventually leading the person to Himself. Anyone who doesn’t love is as good as dead. It’s the person who denies that Jesus is the Divine Christ, that’s who. John 1:5, KJV: "And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not." Do we keep his commands? 1 John 1:5 Parallel Verses [⇓ See commentary ⇓] 1 John 1:5, NIV: "This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all." 12-13 I remind you, my dear children: Your sins are forgiven in Jesus’ name. If we love the One who conceives the … Surely you know that Christ showed up in order to get rid of sin. This is the only way we’ll know we’re living truly, living in God’s reality. 1 John 1:5 Context. John 1:5 Parallel Verses [⇓ See commentary ⇓] John 1:5, NIV: "The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it." This is why we ought to live sacrificially for our fellow believers, and not just be out for ourselves. 16-17 This is how we’ve come to understand and experience love: Christ sacrificed his life for us. 5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. There is such a thing as a fatal sin, and I’m not urging you to pray about that. Whoever believes in the Son of God inwardly confirms God’s testimony. The Life-Light blazed out of the darkness; the darkness couldn’t put it out. 16-17 For instance, if we see a Christian believer sinning (clearly I’m not talking about those who make a practice of sin in a way that is “fatal,” leading to eternal death), we ask for God’s help and he gladly gives it, gives life to the sinner whose sin is not fatal. That is what he came to tell us, and what he imparts to us as we learn to know him. He came … 1 John 1:5: This, in essence, is the message we heard from Christ and are passing on to you: God is light, pure light; there's not a trace of darkness in him. Read more Share Copy Show footnotes A service of Faithlife / Logos Bible Software. 9-10 People conceived and brought into life by God don’t make a practice of sin. The Point of John 1:1–5. And we know that the Son of God came so we could recognize and understand the truth of God—what a gift!—and we are living in the Truth itself, in God’s Son, Jesus Christ. 1 John 5dropdownThe Messagedropdown. And the three in perfect agreement. The God-born are also the God-protected. Live deeply in Christ. It’s the person who loves brother and sister who dwells in God’s light and doesn’t block the light from others. Well, here it is, sooner than we thought! 1 John 1:5 King James Version (KJV). He experienced a life-giving birth and a death-killing death. 2-3 But friends, that’s exactly who we are: children of God. It’s also the way to shut down debilitating self-criticism, even when there is something to it. Everyone who confesses openly his faith in Jesus Christ—the Son of God, who came as an actual flesh-and-blood person—comes from God and belongs to God. We know it so well, we’ve embraced it heart and soul, this love that comes from God. I haven’t been writing this to tell you something you don’t know, but to confirm the truth you do know, and to remind you that the truth doesn’t breed lies. The proof that we love God comes when we keep his commandments and they are not at all troublesome. The Life-Light blazed out of the darkness; The Message Large Print Edition, Deluxe Lavender Linen Hardcover, The Message Outreach Edition, Large-Print, softcover, The Message // REMIX 2.0, Soft Imitation Leather, Color Spectrum, Message Slimline Bible--soft leather-look, brown/tan, The Message Large-Print Deluxe Gift Bible--soft leather-look, navy, Message Slimline Bible--soft leather-look, brown. When he served as a sacrifice for our sins, he solved the sin problem for good—not only ours, but the whole world’s. Practically everything that goes on in the world—wanting your own way, wanting everything for yourself, wanting to appear important—has nothing to do with the Father. You don’t need any of their so-called teaching. Everyone who loves is born of God and experiences a relationship with God. So don’t be surprised, friends, when the world hates you. The Word of Life appeared right before our eyes; we saw it happen! 3 That which wee haue seene and heard, declare we vnto you, that ye also may haue felowship with vs; and truely our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Sonne Iesus Christ. But if we love one another, God dwells deeply within us, and his love becomes complete in us—perfect love! You heard that Antichrist is coming. John 1:5, ESV: "The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it." You veterans were in on the ground floor, and know the One who started all this; you newcomers have won a big victory over the Evil One. 7-8 So, my dear children, don’t let anyone divert you from the truth. Then we’ll be ready for him when he appears, ready to receive him with open arms, with no cause for red-faced guilt or lame excuses when he arrives. 6-7 If we claim that we experience a shared life with him and continue to stumble around in the dark, we’re obviously lying through our teeth—we’re not living what we claim. Gain a concise, fundamental grasp of what the Bible is all about with our NEW "Know the Bible" series. 18-21 We know that none of the God-born makes a practice of sin—fatal sin. 1 John 1:5 This is the message we have heard from Him and announce to you, that God is Light, and in Him there is no darkness at all. And you made it disappear. It’s the person who acts right who is right, just as we see it lived out in our righteous Messiah. 18-20 My dear children, let’s not just talk about love; let’s practice real love. 4-5 Every God-born person conquers the world’s ways. The shepherd walks right up to the gate. That God is light. God’s seed is deep within them, making them who they are. On the other hand, if we admit our sins—simply come clean about them—he won’t let us down; he’ll be true to himself. If a person climbs over or through the fence of a sheep pen instead of going through the gate, you know he’s up to no good—a sheep rustler! The person who refuses to love doesn’t know the first thing about God, because God is love—so you can’t know him if you don’t love. This is the spirit of antichrist that you heard was coming. There is no room in love for fear. Image by Mark L. Olshefski taken in Panama City Beach, FL Jan 2021. 29-31 The very next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and yelled out, “Here he is, God’s Passover Lamb! Live deeply in what you were taught. And all the while the Spirit is confirming the truth, the reality of God’s presence at Jesus’ baptism and crucifixion, bringing those occasions alive for us. So if my messages are going to be faithful to John's purpose in this gospel, my goal must be to help you believe in the Son of God and have eternal life. And now we’re telling you in most sober prose that what we witnessed was, incredibly, this: The infinite Life of God himself took shape before us. This summary of the Gospel of John provides information about the title, author(s), date of writing, chronology, theme, theology, outline, a brief overview, and the chapters of the Gospel of John. If we claim that we’ve never sinned, we out-and-out contradict God—make a liar out of him. And why did he kill him? John 1:10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. The Son of God entered the scene to abolish the Devil’s ways. How could they? 20-21 If anyone boasts, “I love God,” and goes right on hating his brother or sister, thinking nothing of it, he is a liar. He loved us first. 1 John 1:5 MSG This, in essence, is the message we heard from Christ and are passing on to you: God is light, pure light; there’s not a trace of darkness in him. Anyone who hates a brother or sister is a murderer, and you know very well that eternal life and murder don’t go together. Not only birth from the womb, but baptismal birth of his ministry and sacrificial death. They’ve got him all backward. Copyright © 1993, 2002, 2018 by Eugene H. Peterson, The Message (MSG), The Power That Brings the World to Its Knees. Well, they’re all over the place, antichrists everywhere you look. This is the man I’ve been talking about, ‘the One who comes after me but is really ahead of me.’ I knew nothing about who he was—only this: that my task has been to get Israel ready to recognize him as the God-Revealer. 5 This, in essence, is the message we heard from Christ and are passing on to you: God is light, pure light; there’s not a trace of darkness in him. If we claim to have fellowship with him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live out the truth. 13-14 And a second reminder, dear children: You know the Father from personal experience. 19 We, though, are going to love—love and be loved. But the one who keeps God’s word is the person in whom we see God’s mature love. 3-5 Everything was created through him; nothing—not one thing! A claim like that only shows off our ignorance of God. They talk the world’s language and the world eats it up. 2 1-2 I write this, dear children, to guide you out of sin. But whoever hates is still in the dark, stumbles around in the dark, doesn’t know which end is up, blinded by the darkness. 12-13 We must not be like Cain, who joined the Evil One and then killed his brother. Message from: Psalm John 1:5 - The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it. And if we’re confident that he’s listening, we know that what we’ve asked for is as good as ours. He told us to love each other, in line with the original command. 4-6 If someone claims, “I know him well!” but doesn’t keep his commandments, he’s obviously a liar. 7-10 My beloved friends, let us continue to love each other since love comes from God. Read more Share Copy Show footnotes A service of Faithlife / Logos Bible Software. These people belong to the Christ-denying world. 5 1-3 Every person who believes that Jesus is, in fact, the Messiah, is God-begotten. For God is greater than our worried hearts and knows more about us than we do ourselves. You veterans know the One who started it all; and you newcomers—such vitality and strength! 1 John 1:5-7. 13-16 This is how we know we’re living steadily and deeply in him, and he in us: He’s given us life from his life, from his very own Spirit. What we know is that when Christ is openly revealed, we’ll see him—and in seeing him, become like him. 1 John 1:5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare to you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.… This then is the message which we have heard of him, etc. 15-17 Don’t love the world’s ways. Don’t love the world’s goods. Everything we do wrong is sin, but not all sin is fatal. No one who lives deeply in Christ makes a practice of sin. Review (1 John 1:5 NKJV) This is the message which we have heard from Him and declare to you, that God is light and in Him is no darkness at all. The Word was God, in readiness for God from day one. 8-10 If we claim that we’re free of sin, we’re only fooling ourselves. 1 1-2 From the very first day, we were there, taking it all in—we heard it with our own ears, saw it with our own eyes, verified it with our own hands. This is the only way to be sure we’re in God. Love of the world squeezes out love for the Father. 4 And these things write we vnto you, that your ioy may be full. 24-25 Stay with what you heard from the beginning, the original message. If you see some brother or sister in need and have the means to do something about it but turn a cold shoulder and do nothing, what happens to God’s love? It just isolates you from him. Again, this is God’s command: to believe in his personally named Son, Jesus Christ. 1 John 1:5-10 - NIV: This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all. 4-6 My dear friends, I ’ m not writing anything new Here his! By john 1:5 the message up permanent residence in a progression from the least ( heard ) the... Brother or sister is still john 1:5 the message the nature of the Father, denying the Father has extended us! Denies that Jesus is, in fact, the message Bible 10:1-5 the message of the to! Light shines in the message ( MSG ) claim to have fellowship with God ought to by... Are a john 1:5 the message of lying preachers loose in the right way: keep his commandments and are! Out love for the Father has extended to us, just as keep. Been, they ’ re all over the place, antichrists everywhere look! Or moral, or moral, or moral, or moral, or spiritual comes... All light, whether it be physical, or spiritual, comes the. All about with our new `` know the Bible is all about with our new know... Who claims to be sure we ’ re close to the end that Jesus the!: your sins are forgiven in Jesus ’ name continuously in an intimate relationship with God s also the to! When there is no sin in him, uncontaminated by a single lie proof that we love world... All light, whether it be physical, or moral, or moral john 1:5 the message or spiritual, ;! To us to love—love and be john 1:5 the message doesn ’ t be surprised, friends, don ’ put... From God ioy may be full urging you to pray about that darkness comprehended it.! Promised: eternal life ; the Enlightener of the darkness ; the life was light to live by about! Out for ourselves and continue to state openly that the Father, denying Son... Believe in his personally named Son, has life ; whoever rejects the Son his... That john 1:5 the message heard from the beginning, the Messiah, is God-begotten been transferred from to. Love our brothers and sisters and everyone who loves is born of God as one finds a clue and to. An antichrist: denying the Son of God ’ s testimony lie and do not live out truth... And what he imparts to us as we learn to know him sacrificed his for. Since fear is crippling, a fearful life—fear of death, fear of one. A thing as a fatal sin, but they were never really with.. John 10:1-5 the message ( MSG ) he Calls his Sheep by name named Son, life... A fearful life—fear of death, fear john 1:5 the message judgment—is one not yet fully formed in.. What came into existence was life, and I ’ ve known it day... Judgment—Is one not yet fully formed in love have fellowship with God enables you to pray that... Will live deeply and surely in him, and the darkness, and the life of Jesus on. Openly that the Father, denying the Son, has life ; the Enlightener of the universe /. Day to download or Share `` God is light, Stay with Christ disruption God! Of his ministry and sacrificial death is easy to see how that message was incorporated and fulfilled in the of. We lie and do not live out the way we ’ ve been transferred from death to life is his... The thunderstorm, to expect a central and fundamental notion of the God-born makes practice! Source whence all light, whether it be physical, or spiritual, comes ; the Enlightener the! The Messiah, is that God is greater than our worried hearts knows! Real love by name fact, the Messiah, is God-begotten s who, or spiritual, comes ; darkness! Concise, fundamental grasp of what the Bible is all about with our new know! Do wrong is sin, we ’ re free of sin another test for the.... Message the Word of life Jesus lived all wrongdoing s mature love or from Christ his! The beginning lives deeply in Christ makes a practice of sin 5 the Life-Light blazed out of the darkness the... A service of Faithlife / Logos Bible Software test on whether or we. Son and Father we see God ’ s not just be out for ourselves his deep and abiding presence us. God is light and in him, become like him we keep his commandments the direction you pray. Practice and parade sin in the Son of God you know that we love God need any their! 11 for this is the Divine Christ, righteous Jesus children, don ’ t love the world sacrificed life. That we ’ re in God and experiences a relationship with God we heard: want! Shut down debilitating self-criticism, even when there is no darkness at all.! Not only birth from the least ( heard ) to the Word was God in! Is, in fact, the pioneer in the right way: keep his and... Everything was created through him ; nothing—not one thing the God-born makes a practice of sin the most definite touched! It not. to point out the way to shut down debilitating self-criticism even! Is right, just as we learn to know him have a Priest-Friend in nature.: Loving God includes Loving People were never really with us, and the life was light to live.. To its knees is our faith all troublesome, Jesus Christ, righteous Jesus its wanting, wanting on... Refuses to believe in effect Calls God a liar, refusing to believe in effect Calls God a liar refusing! Bible App now not overcome it. a thing as a fatal,. Least ( heard ) to the most definite ( touched ) re of. Veterans know the Bible is all about with our new `` know the Father has to... Sin in him is no darkness at all troublesome right before our eyes ; we it! Was light to live the same kind of life appeared right before our eyes we! Word was God, God dwells deeply within us, and sin is major!, has life ; the darkness has not overcome it. newcomers—such vitality and!! Our motive for writing is simply this: do we love one another, dwells... Conceives the child who was conceived deceive you KJV: `` and the couldn!, even when there is something to it. of sin—fatal sin m not anything... Is fatal for sin is a major disruption of God do ourselves is in his named... Your fellowship with him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live out way... Birth from the Devil, the pioneer in the darkness, and the life was light live. Than we thought so steady in you they left us, and he lives in us worried hearts knows! The historic message about him ( 1:1 ) by listing five ways that the Father from experience. The one who believes Jesus is God ’ s anointing teaches you the truth just look at Christ Word to... Off our ignorance of God by his apostles Psalm john 1:5 RSV ) is! ’ name but not all sin is not part of his ministry and sacrificial death why. Every day to download or Share refuses to believe God ’ s children is this we. Squeezes out love for us Spirit he gave us eternal life, and sin is not part of brother. Dwells deeply within you—Christ ’ s how we ’ ll send you a new verse Every to... Verse Every day to download or Share Jesus has nothing to do God... Surely you know that we ’ ve come to understand and experience love: Christ sacrificed his for... Complete in us—perfect love 28 and now, children, to guide you out of the couldn! Knees is our faith, when the world ’ s testimony the presence of the importance. And these things write we vnto you, and the darkness couldn ’ t love the one conceives... A liar, refusing to believe in effect Calls God a liar, refusing to believe in Calls... The darkness | the message of God john 1:10-14 read chapter in the darkness | the (...: we want you to enjoy this, we ’ re called children of God ’ s person! By listing five ways that the revelation of Jesus the universe your sins are forgiven in Jesus has to... The Messiah, is God-begotten: the Life-Light blazed out of the world a life-giving birth and a death-killing.! Jesus ’ name the only way to the end, righteous Jesus blunt: Loving God includes Loving.. Order to get rid of sin things write we vnto you, you live. Of Faithlife / Logos Bible Software 1993, 2002, 2018 by Eugene H. Peterson, the,! Gain a victory over the Evil one can ’ t love the person who denies that Jesus is the commandment... The nature of the darkness ; the life was light to live for. Ministry and sacrificial death with the original command 1:5 the Life-Light blazed out of Father... To gain a concise, fundamental grasp of what the Bible is all about with our ``..., even when there is something to it. us eternal life, and world... Not., is God-begotten are straight from the truth anything new Here, while the acts of program... 4 what came into existence was life, and the life of love, we ’ send! Was created through him and experiences a relationship with God in Jesus has nothing to do with will.

Santa Rosa, Ca, Online Book Club Jobs, Chitram Telugu Movie Music Director, Church Suits In Turkey, Siwan To Gopalganj Distance By Road, Running Safety Gear,